30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 19

Hello, hi! You are STILL here? That's awesome, thank you for your company.



 Day 19: Your Favourite Movie

I bet ya’ll are expecting some kid of French movie that you cannot pronounce or some kind of complex, intricate, unheard of movie that will BLOW YOUR MIND. I’m not much of a movie person, you won't find me anxiously waiting for a movie unless it involves superheros (shout out to DC!) or black women. When it comes to movies, I’m a pretty simple girl who loves chick flicks. The ones that have you rolling in your bed, in tears, clutching your chest, contemplating if you’ve ever really been in love. I mean, I know I come off as a thug *brushes shoulder* but I’m really a big softie with an even bigger heart.


The movie I keep coming back to is P.S. I Love You.


Maybe it’s because it combines my love of words with love itself.
 

Maybe because I DEEPLY relate to Hilary Swank’s role as Holly. 


Maybe it's Denise....  


  Maybe it's because I know Gerry would love me despite my nasty temper.


Maybe it's Gerry....


 I don’t know, I don’t know! It's probably all the above!
All I know is that I cry every single time I watch it and I can quote it, line for line.
For those who haven’t watched it, it’s about a woman whose husband dies of a brain tumour and he sends her a bunch of letters from the grave (he wrote them while he was sick), taking her on a bunch of adventures to help her move on with life, without him. It’s filled with love (both platonic and romantic), the soul crushing portions of life and some good humour.  


 It has an IMDb rating of 7.1, I know some of you care about these things, I don’t but I had to let you know. It is also based on a novel I am yet to read. The book is always better than the movie, so I'll be on that as soon get my hands on it. 


I just love, love, LOVE, love stories! The ones where you can see that the main character has TRULY been loved and that it changed them in a positive, meaningful, impactful way as true love should (not that Twilight bullsh*t). I love directors who can do this in diverse, creative ways but even just a boy meets girl story will melt my heart and flood my eyes. If you haven’t watched it, please do. Other movies I KEEP watching include (most of these are based on books):

The Last Song
He’s Just Not That Into You
The Vow
The Time Traveler's Wife
Eat Pray Love
The Fault In Our Stars
The Perks of Being a Wallflower
Poetic Justice (A FAVE, HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!!!)
Valentine’s Day
The Notebook (duh)

Do you have any movies that you'd like to recommend based on my preferences? If so, please let me know!
I know the men reading this post may feel a little excluded so i just want to ask you a very, VERY important question....

DC or Marvel?
 

Comments

  1. Ahhhh!! The time traveler's wife is among the best for me. I love love movies based on novels, and I do agree that the novels are usually better. I guess it has something to do with the fact that you imagine the scenes yourself. But yes, reading is so much better.
    Another all time favorite of mine is Love and Basketball. Ever watched it? If you haven't, you really really should.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The one with Common? if so then I love that movie, it had the whole love/homie thing going on! Yeah, it's probably because we get to imagine things ourselves and it takes someone special to make it better than how we could ever have imagined it.

      Delete
  2. Hey, curious guy here and I have two answers. Watch The Age of Adeline, made my heart weak and my eyes feel like taking a shower. DC or Marvel? Depends on who's Fighting who and/or What Movies are on the list. Both universes are amazing but they have produced some questionable films I must say.AAAghh But in the end it's DC man :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Okay valid, like I have a feeling that the Justice League Movie will be better than Suicide Squad?The Age of Adeline, I will totally check it out, thank you Curious Guy.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts