I Interviewed The Photobooth, So I Wrote About It

Okay this is the segment of my blog that I've been VERY excited to share with you all! I will be interviewing creatives and creative organizations in Namibia that I LOVE so that it's easier for you to find the kind of creative you're looking for artistically, personality wise, where to find them and how to support them. 

I'll be doing this in groups of 5, so keep your eyes open for the next four.


Right, so this is my FIRST creative, his name is Augusto.



He runs The Photobooth.



 I've known Augusto for a minute, through mutual friends and have always known that he has that "eye". I was SUPER EXCITED when I found out that he decided to take his love for photography to the next level!

 It is absolutely no coincidence that he is my first creative. I found him at my favourite spot, where you'll find him often, Slowtown (he knows nice things) and kindly asked to interview him.

I need US ALL to support him, so to make that easier I decided to give you a one stop shop for all things The Photobooth. All the pictures in this post belong to him.



Hi Augusto!
 First of all tell us, tell us about yourself.
I go by the name of Augusto, an easy going fella with a rather not so friendly face but I’d like to think that I’m an okay person. (He's awesome guys!) 


I recently graduated from NUST with a Bachelors in Public Management.


I also run a B&B in my spare time. I’m a movie fanatic and enjoy good music etc. 
You got to sit down with me to understand me.


Tell us about how you fell in love with photography?


I enjoy good scenery and I loved the idea of freezing such moments, so a camera (of any sort) made that a possibility


So, it grew on me and became a part of me. 
Also friends kept telling how they loved my pictures, they somehow forced me into it (kidding).


What inspired you to start a business?



 I’ve got to admit photography does pay the bills and I knew that so that's one of the reasons. Secondly, I just wanted to share my talent with others, its a win win if you think about it. I also want to showcase my work at some point in the future.
We shall be waiting!

 Do you have any partners?
Not at the moment.
  Any desired partners? Might as well put it out into the universe.
Martin Amushendje and Victoria (Victoria "Torii" Ashipala), I can relate to their work plus they are really good.

Are there any photographers who you look up to?
As I previously mentioned, Martin, Victoria and in addition to the Merja is another one. All locals, isn’t that cool?
Yes Augusto, yes it is!
 

Describe your photographic style.



I'm not sure that I have a specific one yet but I capture what my eyes see.


The idea is to have something different (for me that is) trying to beat the odds and looking at the picture and being like “damn, how did I get that shot?’.

 
 How did you develop your style?


My style is about nothing, I take shots about nothing, they aren’t planned (if you follow me on Twitter and Instagram you will understand what I mean) so that's what I base my style on. I like being spontaneous.



How do you teach yourself more about photography?




YouTube is my friend, I’ve got Google too. I read a lot on photography, different styles from experts and I also ask those who have been in the industry for some time now. You always learn something new and its always exciting.

 Is there more you’d like to learn or explore?

I would love to perfect my landscape and urban photography skills.


Describe your process and tell us about your prices so that anyone who wants to book you knows EXACTLY what’s up.





I’m relatively new to the business side, so my pricing fluctuates, but its nothing y’all can’t afford. If you contact me I will give you the pricing depending on the type of shoot you desire.



What are your dreams for The Photobooth?
 Where do you see it in a years’ time, in 5 years’ time?

Would like to see it grow into something bigger, media house of some sort, but lets cross that line the when we get there.


How can we contact you and where can we stalk our work?

Cell Number: 0813474905
  Twitter: @augustobolas
 Instagram: @thephotoboooth

He is currently working on a set called: People of Windhoek. It's dope, be sure to check him out.

He also managed to get a picture of me that I like that I MUST share


Stay tuned for my next 4 creatives, until the stay well my loves. 
x
 

Comments

Popular Posts