Charles Bartholomew Bass


WARNING, THERE ARE SPOILERS!!

"& Who are you?"
...I'm, Chuck Bass "



I'm a rather big fan of Chuck Bass, for very many reasons.
I mean... he's Chuck Bass.
I honestly love everything about his character.
And guys can roll their eyes and be like, 'you love him because he's the bad boy.'
NO.
Read before you judge my admiration of this rather sexy beast.

As a character.

He has grown the most throughout Gossip Girl.
In season 1, he was a worthless excuse for a human being.
I disliked him so much at this point.
And his arrogance?
Psh.
And on top of it, he was a coward.
Ditching Blair at the airport.

Then he grows and faces his deepest fears with Blair, he gains responsibility of his father's company and manages it rather well for a man his age, fixes and improves his relationship with Lily, sure he makes same some mistakes here and there but you can see throughout seasons 1-5 that he is trying to be a better man.
And when he let Blair be free?
When he let go of the person he loved the most, you realize just how far he has come.

See, what I like the most about Chuck is that as a character, he has grown in a way far different from the other characters.
He conquers the darkness within.
He has quite a bit of darkness to conquer if I do say so myself, with his father hating him and his mother dying during his birth.
I feel like he did something that is the hardest thing any human being can ever do.
He even went to therapy to become a better, and emotionally healthier person.
Fall down 7 times, get up 8.
And now in season 6, I know that if I was a guy, I would want to be someone like Chuck Bass.
Headstrong.
Hardworking.
Confident.
Intellectual.
Respectable.
Basically he is what all guys should aspire to be. (season 5/6 version, lets not get it twisted, shall we?)


His Confidence


Ladies, lets not lie.
You KNOW you get slightly turned on when he says.... I'm Chuck Bass.
And Fellas... 
You know you respect him when he does it.
His aura is confident, borderline arrogant.
But when he says it., I don't feel like he's trying to show off, like hey, "I'm the Donald Trump of the Upper East Side's heir."
Nope.
Beyonce's line from ego explains it well:
"I talk like this coz I can back it up. I got a big ego, such a big ego."

Are you good in bed?
I'm Chuck Bass.

Are you a good person?
I'm Chuck Bass.

Have you achieved anything worthwhile in your lifetime?
I'm Chuck Bass.

UNAPOLOGETICALLY himself, yet he still works on becoming a better person.
You have to love that in anybody.
(He's never been asked any of these questions, but eh, you get my point)


His Style


Seriously though, how many other people can make a walking stick look good?
Anyone else?
I thought so.

        



As A Man.

From being a pig, to the epitamy of being a gentleman.
Personally, I fell in love with Charles in the season finale of season 2.
He got back from Europe and was waiting outside Blair's penthouse building.
Waiting for her.
In his hands, he had peonies, and a few things wrapped up, including German folk stockings.
Because they made him think of her.
and he (finally) told her that he loved her.
Up to date, it is still my favorite scene in Gossip Girl.


He decided to man the fuck up - which very few males can do.
I found it such a wonderful thing since he feared loving her yet was adamant to make her happy.
It took all his courage to tell her that he loved her.
And even afterwards, he never hesitated to show her that he loved her.
He even works on becoming a better man, just so he can make her happy.
He messed up again and again and again, but everybody always knew that he loved Blair Waldorf - no matter what.
He let her be free and MARRY another man.
He waited a whole year for her after things ended with Louis.
Even after she left the wedding without commenting after he admitted his undying love for her and started dating Dan Humphrey.
He bought her a ring, he was/is ready to marry her.
Actually, at the end of season 6, they wed :)
He was even willing to be with her when she was pregnant with another man's child.
& he is there for her, whenever she needs him.
On top of that, he knows her like no other.
Is there really no female that doesn't want a love like Blair's and Chuck's?
Not every detail.
But the major aspects of it.
I honestly believe that every girl deserves her Chuck Bass.
A guy she has to work quite a bit for, but who she know loves her no matter what
So....


Lord knows I'm working on finding mine.

Comments

Popular Posts