3 words, 8 letters

He paused and looked at me.
I remember forgetting how to breath as he did.
I just said it.
With so much confidence - without hesitation.
There was no doubt in my mind that it was true.
Which is funny because I didn't even realize that I was thinking it.
I didn't even realize that I was feeling it.
Everything after that is a bit of a blur - but I remember that moment particularly well because those were my 5 seconds of insane bravery - which I never even intended. 

Some time later, I figured it was a fluke, something said by a younger, naive, confused & overemotional version of myself.
There's was a part of me that honestly believed that it was the case.
I always reasoned that how I felt was avoidable.
Until I was proven wrong on numerous occasions.

So now I'm standing here on this red sand, under the star filled sky.
Looking at him, feeling the inevitable.
I'm not too sure when, but at some point I decided that I loved this boy.
The first time I said it, I was sure with every fiber of my being that I meant it.
And as he leaned in to kiss me, I came to realize that maybe - just maybe- I always would.






Comments

Popular Posts