E


It started in one part of my body.
It wasn't like other times, it was strong.
I tried to run from you, to run from myself.
Yet you lingered in parts of my soul that I chose to ignore.
Parts of my soul I could not bear to expose myself to.
I tried to ignore it, because that's what I do.
I did everything in my power to deny how I felt.
It worked so well, I even convinced myself.
All was well, until I saw you again.
Until you looked at me again.
Being who I am, I expected to feel nothing.
Instead, my heart opted to feel everything.
And I didn't really know what to say
Or how to say it
When you had already said all that you could have said, yet I pushed you away.
The desire to pull you back in was intense, overwhelmingly so.
So I did and now I don't intend to ever let you go.

Comments

Popular Posts