This Time Baby, I'll Be Bulletproof

We all have those people in our lives that can make us feel like nothing.
People that make you feel awful for being who you are.
People who enforce their own insecurities onto you.
People who make you second guess everything you do.
No matter what you do, there is just no right choice with them.
I have quite a few myself and unfortunately, they are a necessary evil.
I cannot just cut them off - as much as I wish I could.

It was only recently that I came to realize that the only reason that these people were getting to me was because of my own issues with myself.
The mental slavery that I'm trying to escape from.
The chinks in my armor made by myself.
So of course other people's low blows are going to hurt.
The sad part is that I always saw myself as the victim, which is a rather pussy approach on my part.
As one of my friends would say, "Lynn, you are being gay". (Not that i have issues with gay people, but you catch my drift, right?)
If those things were bothering me, it's my own fault.
Might as well get up and do something about it.
I know my insecurities and my flaws so you cannot hold them against me.
This time baby, I'll be bulletproof. :)



Comments

Popular Posts