The Devil Within.

Sometimes I just want to drop everything and walk back into your life like nothing happened.
Drop my guard, the anger, the resentment, and sit down with you and have an honest, raw, eye-opening conversation and be friends.
Even if just for a moment, simply for closure.
Where hearts are on the line and ready to jump.
As if I hold all these glasses in the place of my burden
And drop them the second I feel as if it is silly to carry such a burden;
that when dropped things are damaged beyond repair.
However... wouldn't my feet bleed walking over to you over all these worlds I have broken?

And nothing in your world is crushed, you remain where you are with a smile on your face, while I have wounds in my feet still carrying shattered pieces of what I have given up to get to here.
I have nightmares of you, I have nightmares that you are simply in my nature.
That you are the bad habit that I can never ever give up.
I have dreams of you
Where you leave me with peace in my mind and calm in my heart.

You haunt me like a ghost, what could have been, what I have always wanted and what I have always been.
The glasses I carry will eventually fill until they run over
And I can serve them to the ones in my life and after I have served the last one may sit down and enjoy one myself.
And be glad that all this change was worth it.


Comments

Popular Posts