Untitled.


"Misunderstood"
The word rolls of my tongue and is deeply understood in my heart.
Not that "Oh I'm a rebel and need to be misunderstood to be cool" type.
I'm the kind of misunderstood that seeks to understand everybody, in the hopes that they will attempt to understand me.
It's kind of tragic if you think about it.
I never expect anyone to figure me out simply due to my smile or laugh.
I've always been susceptible to how people expected me to feel...
And always tried to force myself to feel said way but never did.

One thing I have understood about myself is that most of the times, my intentions are good.
But that is often mistranslated, and those who seek usually come to understand that what seemed cruel was a lot more caring than originally thought.
I may occasionally be cold.. Unaware.
But never... Cruel.
It's Christmas, and I feel more misunderstood than ever.
I wish sometimes people would try before assuming.
I wish they'd seek 
Instead of assume.
But alas. 
I can safely say my Christmas is pretty depressing.
I hope whoever is reading this is enjoying theirs more than I am.
If not... Better luck next year?

Comments

Popular Posts