Emotional Hoarding.

Holding on to nostalgic feelings because that's all that's left of anything at this point.
There's no you, no me, no us
The dust has settled.
We just have these memories
Memories that once meant so much
That changed so much.
that just leave an awkward & throbbing silence between us.
Old feelings I may never feel again
Feelings long gone
Love long depleted
Hate long dead
Maybe, it's the energy
That flowed in our combined presence that is the void I am left with
Maybe it's the toxicity
of the self hate that I was once addicted to rearing it's ugly head
So I hoard these feelings, as naturally as I hoard things.
Until eventually I have room for nothing else
& as a rule of thumb, I clear my mind
Just like I do my bedroom
To make space for new things.

Razbliuto (Russian) – The (usually sentimental) feeling you have toward someone you used to loved but no longer do

Comments

Popular Posts