Change.

I refuse to believe that people do not change.
I refuse to believe that the vines, glitter and trees growing in my soul do not evolve enough to leave a lover who is now a stranger in awe.
I refuse to believe that the plants that were mere seedlings and are currently enormous trunks are the same thing.
I refuse to believe that all the tender loving put into decorating my soul and the stars I flung into my darkness leave the same.
I refuse to believe that all the uprooting and dusting I have done leaves me the same as before.
I refuse to believe that penetrating into galaxies inside me allows me to remain the same.
I refuse to believe that art, poetry and people have not altered me.
I refuse to believe that the rivers in me do not taste sweeter.
I refuse to believe that you see the person I was in my eyes right now.
I refuse to believe I cannot drop everything about myself at the train station, go to a new city and become a whole new person.
Who are you to tell me
that the fertilizer I have used to grow
leaves me the damn same?

However
I choose to carry the girl I was in my chest
So when lovers get lost in my forest they will trip over a familiar stone
and realized
That I have changed
But who I once was did exist. 

Comments

Popular Posts