I just went through my blog and realised over the past year I have changed SO much.
I used to carry so much darkness and resentment in my body, mind & soul.
& now... well... I can't quite say I am a ball of sunshine, I am far too complex to feel only one emotion but I can say as a person in general I am a lot happier a lot more often.
I appreciate life a whole lot more.
I feel depressed a lot less often.
I listen to better music too :)
Man... I have let a lot of my toxic shit and habits go.
And I'm proud because UNbecoming, unbecoming is bloody hard.
Unbecoming is ripping away parts of yourself.
Unbecoming is figuring out which bits TO rip out.
I'm even getting emotional as I write this.

Darkness is like the lingering glue you get stuck on your fingers.
Before you know it it's on your clothes and in your hair and between your toes and goodness, it feels hopeless trying to rid yourself of it because it's basically taken over your life at that moment and actually being brave enough to try and get it out of the most inconvenient and raw parts of yourself is such a miracle in itself and I was/am and I am proud of how resilient I have been.
I really really am.

Much like a function approaching infinity but never does so describes ridding myself of all my darkness.
It will stay approaching infinity but will never BE infinite.
I will stay growing and changing but I will never just be light.
I'm not sure where the next year will take me, hopefully forward but I do hope my growth continues to stay this beautiful and positive. 

Comments

Popular Posts