Thoughts.

I haven't written a straight up piece on how I feel in a whiiiiile! Isn't this a refreshing way to start my blog in 2016? I've been focused on being a poet and it's been challenging, has expanded my diction and knowledge. I went from journaling to writing to poetry. Expanding and broadening my relationship with letters and words has been nice.

I'm currently recovering from a broken heart, a long list of bad habits and I'm going through change, an evolution, a revolution, destruction and growth. In December I decided to go off the grid and heal myself. Which meant (mostly) no contact with anyone. I spent my days listening to The Script and Erykah Badu, meditating on the lawn of the church of my neighborhood, reading various types of book and writing poetry. I read Rumi, Nayyirah, Yrsa, Shompole, Maya, a book on spirituality and so on. Mostly poetry. It was refreshing. Last year I just hopped into being a poet and I don't think I've noticed how far I've come. I wrote these passionate, beautiful one/two liners and then I stretched them out into poems mixed with facts. Even embodied my poetic persona, Lacy Lover. I like it because I have this sweet and innocent face but it sounds like a stripper name while describing the fact that I am a lover and the lace symbolizes the intimacy and seduction of who I am. Rumi has been the foundation of my poetry and I feel he's a solid one. The rest are merely expression. If you want to see my growth as a poet then follow my new blog which is in the link above as well

http://theloverchronicles.blogspot.com/

I touched on healing myself, which I'm currently prioritizing. I was gifted a big pink stone when I got back from Kenya and it made me feel lighter so out of boredom I googled what it was to discover it is a rose quartz. So began my research into crystals and even deeper research into essential oils. It's time consuming but so worth it, I currently own 6 crystals which I've been using in meditation to heighten my vibration. Newly single me is prioritizing healing and self care and again, it's time consuming. But how we love ourselves is the foundation for how we love others.

I'm currently on day 80 of the 100 happy days challenge which has been refreshing! Today on day 80 I really realized that life is about perspective. Shift it to the good. I keep learning this lesson, It needs to stick at some point. I'm blessed, let me focus on that. Also, I have a new love of photography and painting. I've discovered quite a bit.

I'm not sure where the direction of this blog is headed so bear with me?
I'd apologize for my silence but I'm not sorry.
I hope all is well.
Let me add some music I've been feeling lately and is on topic.
I love you for reading all of this, you're awesome!












Comments

Popular Posts