30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 6

Day 6: What Are You Afraid Of?



Hello, as you can see I'm getting back into the groove of things with more daily posts so we can say this challenge is going fairly well!

So: Fear. 
The ugly monster, the dark shadow, the cripplingly cold hand around your neck.....
Fear.
I'm in a transitioning phase as a soul and the thing causing this is my insistence to face what was, maybe still is, my greatest fear.
Being vulnerable.
But I'm tackling it so.... Is it still my greatest fear? 
I'm not sure I have room for an even greater fear because this one has quite an impact on me. 
So yeah, I'm going to talk about vulnerability.

It's this weird tricky thing that I've always been and never wanted to admit?
You know when you're a woman and you're black.
And then again when you're sensitive and genuine?
And then also by being human because wow, do you know how many things need to go right in your cells, in your body, with your heartbeat, with diseases, with the earth dying...
So in its essence being human, by default is being vulnerable.
In fact you could even argue that vulnerability and humanity are synonymous in nature.
But noooooooo 
Humans walk around and kill the only planet we live on and leave each other on read and just.... We do a lot to try and prove we aren't fallible. 
By leaving our greatest weaknesses wide open instead of working WITH them.
So then we do this at a personal level, as a specie and we hurt people and destroy the world and it's simple, be vulnerable to deal. Open. Honest.
 PUT SOME SALT ON IT.
So we can fix it.
But it's hard. To do what has been taught normal to do even though you know it's not quite right.
So we deny global warming.
We deny our lack of humanity.
We deny our feelings. 
We deny our privilege. 
And if this what we keep doing, what will happen to the world?
 What will happen to me? 


Comments

Popular Posts