30 Day Blogging Challenge: Day 11

 Day 11: Ten Favourite Foods




If you’ve been keeping up with my blogging challenge, then you know that I’m really picky when it comes to food. I love eating but I’m particular, I don’t just eat anything. So lets begin. This list is in order (unlike me my music piece, that you can find here)

10. Burgers

Still, particular. No onions on my burger. LETTUCE, not spinach or that other weird lettuce that’s more leaf like than cabbage like ie not the traditional salad. Cheese is also nice, preferably melted. Beef patty, chicken one if it’s been grilled or crumbed to perfection. Not that tasteless nonsense, please I’m black I like flavour.

9. Pasta

In a nice thick sauce. With mince! Again, cheese is nice.

8. Doritos

Snacks are a form of food, right? Because they’re one of my favourite categories of food, most def. I’ll ultimately eat them all but the best ones are the green ones but since those don’t seem to exist anymore I settle for the blue ones.

7. Fried Chicken

Have you ever had spicy fried chicken? Any fried chicken? Do I really need to explain?

6. Cookies/Biscuits

I am fond of cookies. Give me all of them. With cream, without. Glucose biscuits, even rusks. Wow I wish I was as picky with other food as I am with cookies.

5. Chicken Salad

Most places can’t make this right. The best one I’ve had is in Rundu, a small town in Namibia (a town which you should know if you’ve been keeping up with my challenge!). Other places only make it decent in comparison. My perfect combo includes lettuce, cucumbers, feta cheese, bacon and tomatoes.

4. Pilau Rice

I look forward to family functions because of the Pilau. If you don’t know it’s specially spiced rice with some meat. When they substitute meat for chicken, it’s just Godly. East African Magic™.

3. Jollof Rice

I know I was born in East Africa. I know. But the West Africans perfected rice, like I don’t understand how it’s so good? If I lived in Nigeria (I pick Nigerian Jollof only because it’s the only one I’ve had offered to me) I think I’d have blockages in my heart by 22. You can TASTE how unhealthy it is, but it’s so spicy and good. It’d be worth it though. I would explain its contents but all I know is that grapefruit is involved as well as tomatoes.

2. Kapana

For those of you who don’t live in Namibia, I’ll explain. For those who DO know what kapana is you understand why it’s so high on the list. Its meat roasted on an open fire, much like “nyama choma” except it’s usually beef. Along with kapana spice, junkies or traditionally made local bread (no salsa, I explained how I feel about onions earlier), a few good friends and a Windhoek Draught from Bix, it’s wonderful. People are usually shocked since I’m a picky eater but I keep informing them that even then, I still know nice things.

1. Self-Made Sandwich

I keep a Snapchat chronicles of my “sammitches” (@Lynnguistic, feel free to follow me). I’ve never had a sandwich better than one I could make. The only reason bacon isn’t on my list is because my favourite ones involve bacon, so there’s that. My sandwiches also involve butter. High cholesterol is a thing in my family and I do these things. But you only get to be a young twenty something for so long. 

Comments

Popular Posts